The metadata schema used in CONTENTdm is designed to be easily exported and used by other online systems. CONTENTdm can produce XML files that are compatible with the OAI-PMH for harvesting and can produce comma-delimited files as well.
OAI Access Examples
The following URLs use various verb to request lists of harvestable records in Hamilton's CONTENTdm database.
- The Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting, Protocol ver. 2.0, document ver. Nov. 12, 2005
<http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/openarchivesprotocol.htm> (accessed October 2, 2013)
- Interoperability between Library Information Services and Learning Environments – Bridging the Gaps, by Neil McLean and Clifford Lynch, Draft version of June 28, 2003 (published: May 10, 2004)
<http://www.imsglobal.org/dlims_white_paper_publicdraft_1.pdf> (accessed October 2, 2013)
- Digital Library Content and Course Management Systems: Issues of Interoperation, July, 2004 (DLF)
<http://www.diglib.org/pubs/dlf100/cmsdl0407.pdf> (accessed October 2, 2013)
- Collaboration, community and consortia in the digital provision of art images, by Stephen O'Brien, 2003? (Hunter Institute)
<http://www.vala.org.au/vala2004/2004pdfs/56Obrien.PDF> (accessed October 2, 2013)
- Semantic Interoperability of Metadata and Information in unLike Environments (MIT's SIMILE Project)
<http://simile.mit.edu/ , Wiki: http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Main_Page> (accessed October 2, 2013)
(Reviewed: September 27, 2010)